It is our belief at KingstonElementary School that parental support and involvement in a child’s education is an essential element for improving academic achievement. Studies have shown that parental direction, interest, and participation in the student’s educational development affect performance, attitudes and school success. We at Kingston recognize that we can provide many opportunities for learning, but the crucial element that is needed is assistance from parents and families. There is no replacement for the support, encouragement, approval, and love that parents can give to their children.
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS (ADULTS)
1. Volunteers must be approved by the school board after filling out a volunteer form.
2. Volunteers must adhere to the Kingston Dress Code.
3. Volunteers must sign in and out in the front office
4. After signing in, volunteers will receive a visitors pass that must be visibly worn while on campus
5. We ask that volunteers leave “non-student” children at home. It can create too many distractions in the classroom.
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS (STUDENTS/MINORS)
1. All student volunteers must sign in and out in the front office.
2. All student volunteers must have a completed and approved volunteer form.
3. All student volunteers must have a prearranged, supervised place to work and eat.
4. Staff children must be under direct supervision of their parent or an identified staff member at all times, including before and after school.
5. Parents will be notified on an individual basis if their child (student volunteer) is disruptive or engages in behavior that is detrimental to the normal functioning of the school.
6. If complaints or problems regarding a student volunteer are not resolved, the privilege of volunteering may be revoked at the discretion of an administrator.
7. Student volunteers must adhere to the Kingston Dress Code.
8. The request to volunteer must be initiated by staff members, not by student volunteers. Student volunteers will be utilized based on the needs of the school.
9. Children of staff members must not interfere with the staff member’s duties and responsibilities.
10. The staff lounge is off-limits to students of all ages during the hours of 7:00-3:30.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVOLVEMENT
School Site Council
The Kingston School Site Council is the elected body of parents and staff who oversee the planning, implementing, and monitoring of Kingston’s School Based Plan. The SSC meets monthly, usually on the 4th Thursday at 4 PM in the library. Specific dates will be announced early in the school year. All meetings are open to everyone. Your questions can be answered and your suggestions are welcome!